Here’s the Deal: We are offering a group purchase discount on any of our CNC ported Buick heads. Even if you purchased the heads somewhere else! We will take orders on the heads from now until midnight March 6. Enter”group” for the discount code and recieve $150 discount off of the purchase price. Your credit card will be charged 75% of the total order as down payment, and the remaining 25% will be charged at shipment. We will start porting the heads the first week in march with delivery shortly thereafter. If you are sending us your heads we need to recieve them by the first of March. This discount is valid on any of our CNC ported Buick heads and is valid from 2/14/2011-2/28/2011. CNC Ported Buick Heads. Please CONTACT US with any questions
Posts Tagged ‘Edelbrock RPM heads’
Hot rodding is alive and well in Germany. Check out Dennis Stoffers’ 1969 Chrysler 300. Very cool! I love these old C-Bodies, they are unusual, but cool. And they are big. Really big! This one runs well too. How’s 12.80′s weighing in at 4300+ pounds? And it’s docile enough to drive everywhere. Very cool. The bottom end is a basic 440 that’s .030 over at 10.75 to 1. A set of home ported Edelbrock Performer RPM heads with Competition Components springs and hardware were bolted on, topped with a Edelbrock CH-28 dual quad manifold and twin Edelbrock 600 carburetors. The camshaft is a small custom mechanical flat tappet from Scott Brown at Competition Components, around 235 @ .050 and .530 lift. The 727 is fitted with a B&M holeshot converter, and the rear end houses 3.91 gears. Exhaust is handled by a set of 1 3/4 headers and a 3″ dual exhaust with 3″ Magnaflow mufflers with tailpipes to the back of the car. None of us are ever satisfied with how fast the car is, so this winter Dennis plans to step up to and 1 7/8 or 2″ header and put one of our 9.5″ PTC converters in the car. With those changes and some more work, Dennis hopes to see some 12.50′s out of the car. Great job on a cool car Dennis.
Sheldon Brewer’s Dart has it all. Literally! That’s why it weighs in at a hefty 3705 lbs with him in it. Things like the full exhaust with power cutouts, cd player, and other creature comforts add considerably to the Dart’s race weight. That’s a lot more than most race cars.
But with it’s pump gas 496, it runs consistantly in the 10.40′s. That’s pretty quick for a street car! And the engine isn’t some tricked out tempramental race piece either. Sheldon’s 496 is just a well put together pump gas combo. The 496 has a 4.150 stroke 4340 Crank, 6.760 4340 H-beam rods, and a custom Ross Piston that calculates out to 10.7 to 1. Cylinder heads are ported Edelbrocks with the springs, locks and retainers swapped out to accomodate the custom flat tappet cam. The cam is 263/273 @ .050, and has pretty good street manners. An Edelbrock Victor manifold and a Quick Fuel 1050 (4150 based) carb round out the top end. This engine dyno’d at 654HP and 653lb/ft of torque. Dyno Results here.
A quick online trip to Wallace Racing’s HP/ET calculator, show’s that Sheldon’s car should run in the high 10.38 @ 129, which is pretty close to what it actually runs, so it looks like the HP numbers from the dyno and the real world all work out. (So much for those that say we test on a happy dyno.)
The rest of Sheldon’s driveline consists of a 9.5″ PTC converter spec’d out to match the custom camshaft, and 4.10 gears drive the Mickey Thompson DragRadials.